Monday, February 22, 2010

Paradise i n Norther n Brazil

Omg, ok so it takes forever to get anything done. It´s been ages since the last post but honestly, between the fact that it takes about twice as long to get anything done, the crazy heat that we are not use to, meeting awesome people, going out maybe a little too much, shoddy internet connection, being kinda lazy and voila - you´ve got all the reasons why there´s not much on this.

So , I´m going to try and make an attempt to describe how awesome the last 9 days have been! We finally left the insanity aof Carnival ain Salvador and made it up to Fortaleza. We thought we´d stay for a night or 2 but ended up staying for 4. We stayed at a hostel,which was our first official backpacking experiecence and it was a bit like a sauna. The first night I think we sweated about a pound off. I´m not going to lie, I totally had a what the heck am I doing with my life moment. That was quickly replaced by my first zen moment. . .which is now being replaced by irr itation at this awful keyboard at this cafe - which sucks cause there have been so many wonderful things that we´ve experienced already and I can´t type it.. So I´ll have to save the witty stuff for later.

Highlights
  • Meeting awesome people - like seriously impressive and nice, fun people to be around. The kind that makes you feel humbled cause they speak like 3-5 languages and are so friendly that it feels like the world is an amazing place.
  • Praia de Furtoro - that beach was glorious. Boogieboarding and going for a run was so much fun.
  • Drinking beer and wine- i. It´s some crazy conconction - it´s potent and ridiculous ly delic ious. Was our fave drink but that has been replaced by capirinhas and other yumy drinks that are all blended with fresh exotic fruits like - passionfruit, siriguelas, mangos, pineapples and a bunch of other names we can´t pronounce or remember.
  • Jericoacoara - This beach town is wonderful. We´re staying at Pousada (a Brazilian B&B) and the good times have yet to stop. Haven´t started my kitesurfing lessons - maybe tomorrow.
  • I´m not sure my stomach agrees that this is a HL but I did find a 7 protein sandwich . I think I´m over it now ;)
Lowlights - this keyboard...

Ok, just wanted to update people that Life is still grand and we´re completely enjoying ourselves. Everything is soooo beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment