Everyone came home - Charmaine, my sister from Toronto, Cheryl, Kalli, Dean from NFLD and my parents and now they're back :( The reunion happened cause it's my grandmother's 90th birthday. Let me tell you, I come from great stock! Expect for some memory gaps, she's thankfully in great shape. The best thing about being here is really reconnecting with the whole family and all it's extensions. The older I get, the more desire I have to really get to know and keep in touch with loved ones. Plus, I really do come from a ridiculously interesting clan!
- My Grandma's (Nanay) 90th birthday party - it's the best family reunion ever! Although we wished that Everybody could come - it was amazing how many made the trip to celebrate with us. For those that weren't there - tons of pics on FB!
- Spending time with the family! It's been amazing reconnecting with everyone.
- Meeting all the cousins (I have a billion of them!)
- Late night chats about everything and nothing at all - "Everyone's a suspect".
- Drinking wine with Nanay - she's got a wicked sense of humour. "I love you Nanay" "I love you too, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10" LOL! ;)
- Treetop adventure, Zip-trekking, Zoobic Safari, Fish Pedicure (it's hysterically ticklish)
- Drinking coffee until 1 am laughing about childhood boyfriends, pimples and "patris"
- Saleslady cupping my boobs in Greenhills and asking me if they are "original"
- The carbs are killing me! Imagine eating rice 3-5 times a day! For breakfast (yes, it's true), lunch and dinner plus all the "mirienda" (snacks) in between!!
- Super sonic bugs - they eat you alive. OFF does NOT work!
- Everyone gaining 10lbs in 3 weeks (that's without alcohol!)
- The intense heat!! Yes, it is a bit too much.
- I'm already missing my family :(
I'm not sure how long I'll be staying here - the heat is rather unbearable specially since my body seems to be looking for the Canadian fall. I need to start researching and figure out where I want to go, what I want to do and what kind of volunteer or work opportunities come my way. So far, I've been getting some interesting job offers ie. bar tending instructor, ecology conservationist, editor, customer service trainer - so really who knows what I'll be doing! Although I'm in my hometown staying with family friends, I think I'll be looking into taking trips really soon.
I've got a cell in the Philippines - it'll be great to hear people's voices, buy a phone card or skype it -011 (63) 927-890-7155!