Saturday, September 18, 2010

Goodbye Vancouver (again) and Hello Asia!

Hard to believe that South America was just 2 weeks ago. I wanted a more comprehensive, we traveled x amount of kilometers but man, I'm not sure I like google map. But here's a quick map with all the places we went to. Tally - 1 continent, 7 countries, over 30 cities and countless friends:


View South America - Te amo! in a larger map

I'm fully aware that time does fly but I'm in complete shock how quickly being home in Vancouver has come to an end. I have never had 17 days go by so quickly. It's seriously been a whirlwind. I barely had enough time to refuel on best friends, get a new passport (with more pages of course) and get things done. When I first got back, I had a bad case of 'Reverse Culture Shock' - I was really weirded out by everything, including seeing an immense number of white and Asian folks (I know, I'll have to get over this. lol) Everything just felt so surreal. It's been great being back but it still doesn't feel real and yet here I am completely panicked about leaving in a few days. To be honest, it was too short - I didn't even get a chance to see everyone, or do everything much less process and reflect about how traveling has impacted and changed me. I would have loved to have spent more time with people. I don't really want to go through the whole "missing everyone" ordeal again. I'm a little heart-broken about saying good bye.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about exploring Asia. I bought a one way ticket to Manila and start in the Philippines with my whole family for my Grandmother's 90th birthday! It'll be epic and a fantastic party! After that, I'm not sure what I'll be doing. I do plan on staying put for a little while, slow down a bit and do some volunteering. This part of the journey will be different since I'll be on my own - I'm going through Yuko withdrawal already! :( However, I know that it'll be filled with new experiences, lessons and more adventures.

PS - I've given everyone a hard time on this but I really REALLY want people to keep in better touch. Technology makes it easier with Emails, Facebook, Skype- charinascruz. Despite wherever I am, I still want to feel connected and hear from everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment